During this time of uncertainty, school systems across the country are evaluating reopening strategies. The balancing of education standards along with student and faculty health is a top priority for every school official in the nation. Reopening guidelines vary between states and their respective counties so there is no “one size fits all” plan.
Currently, there are 2 decided plans for school reopening in North Carolina.
- Plan B: increased social distancing with schools at no more than 50 percent and buses at no more than 33 percent capacity
- Plan C: remote instruction only.
Under these plans proposed by NC Governor Cooper, our children can continue their education in a way that values their health and safety. The restructuring of such a system on this large of a scale is always a daunting task. However, as we navigate this new world, these changes will help provide guidance in creating safety for our public spaces.
Thus far in the process, Plan B is the preferred route for many counties in NC. This involves the rotation of select grades and students cycling from online learning to in-person learning throughout the semester.
ASHRAE’s Website gives some helpful information pertaining to required infrastructure updates in schools:
- Specialty HVAC systems, such as portable solutions, in Nurse Offices with the following features:
- Negative Pressure Mode
- Normal Air Circulation Mode
- Recommend one portable air filtration unit per classroom
- Establish a process and dedicated space for people who are ill to isolate and have transportation plans for ill students
- Require frequent hand washing throughout the school day and provide hand sanitizer at entrances and in every classroom
- Designate hallways and entrance/exit doors as one-way
- Place physical barriers such as plexiglass at reception desks and similar areas
*See pg. 18 & 31
As parents across the country await their school district’s choice, it’s clear the fall semester will be anything but normal. i2M stands with many other businesses striving to create a safe and healthy space in schools.
Our TRI-KLEEN 500UV solves school nurse office setup requirements, classroom safety, and filters the air from every other high-contact location in your facility.
Let’s empower the next generation of the world’s workforce with a Clean Air Zone so they can get back to what they do best: learning!