During this time of uncertainty, school systems across the country are evaluating reopening strategies. The balancing of education standards along with student and faculty health is a top priority for every school official in the nation. Reopening guidelines vary between states and their respective counties so there is no “one size fits all” plan.
Currently, there are 2 decided plans for school reopening in North Carolina.
- Plan B: increased social distancing with schools at no more than 50 percent and buses at no more than 33 percent capacity
- Plan C: remote instruction only.
Under these plans proposed by NC Governor Cooper, our children can continue their education in a way that values their health and safety. The restructuring of such a system on this large of a scale is always a daunting task. However, as we navigate this new world, these changes will help provide guidance in creating safety for our public spaces.
Thus far in the process, Plan B is the preferred route for many counties in NC. This involves the rotation of select grades and students cycling from online learning to in–person learning throughout the semester.
ASHRAE’s Website gives some helpful information pertaining to required infrastructure updates in schools:
- Specialty HVAC systems, such as portable solutions, in Nurse Offices with the following features:
- Negative Pressure Mode
- Normal Air Circulation Mode
- Recommend one portable air filtration unit per classroom
- Establish a process and dedicated space for people who are ill to isolate and have transportation plans for ill students
- Require frequent hand washing throughout the school day and provide hand sanitizer at entrances and in every classroom
- Designate hallways and entrance/exit doors as one-way
- Place physical barriers such as plexiglass at reception desks and similar areas
*See pg. 18 & 31
As parents across the country await their school district’s choice, it’s clear the fall semester will be anything but normal. i2M stands with many other businesses striving to create a safe and healthy space in schools.
Our TRI-KLEEN 500UV solves school nurse office setup requirements, classroom safety, and filters the air from every other high-contact location in your facility.
Let’s empower the next generation of the world’s workforce with a Clean Air Zone so they can get back to what they do best: learning!